Paper in pink, red, purple, white
Greeting cards or images downloaded from the Internet
Lace Paper doilies
Heart-shaped cookie cutters, templates, stencils or the patterns provided below
String or yarn
Markers or colored pencils
- Gather greetings cards that you no longer want and cut out shapes that are traditional for a Valentine’s Day theme: flowers, birds, kittens, hearts, puppies, etc. Or download images or clip art from a free program on the Internet.
- Using the heart patterns provided or a heart-shaped cookie cutter(s) or template(s) or stencil(s), trace and cut the heart out of colored paper. Use the largest pattern or cookie cutter or stencil for the main part of the valentine. Make more than one valentine and use papers of various colors. Trace and cut hearts of smaller sizes, too.
- Glue sequins, images from the greeting cards, small heart-shapes, etc in a pleasing design on the valentine.
- Using markers or colored pencils, write a message: “Happy Valentine’s Day!” or any other message suitable for the holiday
- Optional: Glue string or yarn on the back of the valentine and hang it up or give it to a friend of your choice.
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!