Felt in various colors
Puffy paint in bright and metallic colors
Glitter glue (optional)
Paper in various colors (optional)
Scraps of material (optional)
Decorative gems (optional)
- Select a piece of felt for the background of the banner. Place the banner vertically or horizontally.
- Using different colors of the felt and using the letter stencils, trace and cut three-letter E; one A; two L; one D; one I; two O; two S; one T; one U; and one R.
- Arrange the letters on the felt background. Glue. Allow to dry.
- Some objects associated with the Day of the Dead are skeletons, marigolds and skulls. Draw and cut flowers, skulls and skeletons out of the remaining felt or use paper or another material. Glue and let dry.
- Add sequins, glitter, beads, etc. to the overall design or add starburst, the sun or other symbols right to the holiday. Let dry.
- Punch holes in the top corners of the felt. Pass a piece of string longer than the length of the banner through one hole, tie a knot and then pass it through the second hole. Glue a strip of cardboard that fits between the holes and glue it to the back of the banner at the top. Let dry and hang up. Celebrate El Dia de los Muertos!