Two bowls (or plates or other round object)
Yellow craft foam
Tissue paper in four different colors
- Center a large bowl upside down on the yellow craft foam.
- Draw triangles all around the bowl with a pencil indicating the sun’s rays.
- Remove the large bowl and place the small bowl upside down and in the center of the sun. Trace.
- Cut outside of the sun. Fold it in half and make a small cut in the middle. Unfold it and cut from the middle to the circle. Cut around the circle.
- Cut the tissue paper into small pieces. Vary the size, shape or color; variety is more interesting than uniformity.
- Cut a piece of wax paper larger than the sun. Squeeze some Mod Podge on the wax paper and spread it over an area larger than the sun with the foam brush.
- Lay the pieces of tissue paper on the Mod Podge, overlapping them. Cover the Mod Podge completely.
- Brush Mod Podge over the tissue paper with the foam brush and allow it to dry thoroughly.
- Decorate the sun and its rays with puffy paint, glitter glue and sequins. Allow to dry.
- Place the large bowl on top of the tissue paper and trace it. Cut around the circle, removing excess tissue.
- Put a thin line of glue around the edge of the circle. Place the sun over the glue and press. Weigh the sun down with heavy objects until the glue dries.
- Punch a hole in one of the rays and pull a string through it. Tie a knot and hang.