Construction or bond paper
- Find interesting objects in your home and trace them.
- Arrange them on construction or bond paper creating an abstract design.
- Trace the objects with markers or pencils or crayons. Trace one object at a time, adding objects as you go or lay them all down and trace them.
- Remove the objects from the paper. Choose three colors or two colors plus black. Now add patterns to the traced objects: dots, stripes, zigzags, checks or color some of the areas in the design.
- Mat the abstract design and display it or use it as a cover for a favorite book.
Trace one object, turning the paper as you trace. Or overlap the object by placing it vertically, horizontally, upside down, etc.