(3) 24” strips of light blue quilling paper
(3) 24” strips of medium blue quilling paper
(3) 24” strips of dark blue quilling paper
(4) 3” strips of purple quilling paper
(2) 3” strips of light blue quilling paper
(2) 3” strips of medium blue quilling paper
(2) 3” strips of dark blue quilling paper
Piece of card stock or board
Begin a tight coil using the light blue paper. When finished, glue the tip. Then wrap the medium blue paper tightly; glue the tip. Wrap the dark blue paper tightly and glue the tip.
For the eyes: tightly coil two of the purple strips separately and glue on to the face of the octopus.
For the tentacles: Bend one end of the strip of paper and make a wide curl with your finger. Curl the opposite end. Glue the bent end to the octopus. Repeat for the remaining strips. Place four on either side of the head.
Push the coil out from the center to give the octopus a three-dimensional look.
Glue on card stock or colored cardboard.
NEXT WEEK: FLOWER